Slide Show

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #6: The Robber Bridegroom




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






I write this post and sigh because Goodreads challenge is kicking my butt! But I'm not giving up just yet!

Today I'm reading a Penguin Little Black Book written by Brothers Grimm and I'm thrilled with these stories. I've bought two books with more Grimm tales but those books are still on the shelf waiting to be read. 

Until then, this little black one is what I need right now.

Enjoy!

"Go home, go home, my lady bride, this is a house where murderers hide."


"Then they tore off her pretty clothes, laid her out on a table, hacked her fair body to pieces and sprinkled them with salt."


"Then she begun to run, and she run over the sharp stones and through the thorns, and the wild animals bounded past her..."


How can't you love those tales, right?



2 comments:

  1. Nice! Loved the Brothers Grimm even as a kid!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed Brothers Grimm. So glad you are having fun with them!

    ReplyDelete