Slide Show

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Back in time




This is my 300th post and I keep looking at the number, stunned and wide-eyed.

It's been 3 whole years since I woke up one morning and said to myself. "This is it! Stop stalling; stop postponing something that can be done today."

And like that I created this blog, without really knowing the first thing about the blogosphere. 

When I wrote my first post, I was terrified. Writing like that, to no one in particularly, since no one knew the blog, was a strange feeling. At first I thought that it would never be read and that my words would go unheard, unanswered, lost.

I'm not going to lie, those first months were terrible. I kept writing and wondering if what I was doing would ever make sense. Not only because I had no readers at all, but because I was so insecure and frightened. You see writing in my first language would have been easier and more comfortable, but honestly it was never a choice. If I wanted to do what my heart desired, I had to let go of the insecurity, accept that I would make all sorts of mistakes, but in the end, I would become better at this. A better blogger and writer.

Post by post, I wrote my way through writing problems and never hesitated to ask questions aloud. It was as if writing in a diary but with a small, precious detail. Maybe someone would read this and maybe someone would find himself feeling the same. Maybe there was someone out there who could understand and feel and share his point of view on all those things that troubled my mind and kept me awake at night.

And of course  there is.

Blogosphere changed my life and I'm not exaggerating. I discovered amazing people and blogs; I learned about writing and books and blog memes. People have been extremely supportive and helpful and continuously share thoughts and experiences. This is so valuable.

A big thank you, to all those people who stopped by, wrote a comment, read a post and flipped through these digital pages. We are here because of each other and with this 300th post I wanted to shout it out loud!

Cheers to more amazing writing and blogging years. 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on 3 years and 300 posts! This is some serious blog dedication and it's crazy thinking back to how you were way back when this larger-than-a-hobby first started. Aren't you glad you decided to create this space on one insignificant day?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M! Yes, I'm so very happy that I didn't give in to doubts and I started blogging. Isn't it after all an insignificant day when amazing things happen? ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. As a new blogger myself I know exactly what you mean. Every thought is a doubt and you can't help but feel that what you're writing isn't smart enough or funny or something! I guess we just have to keep going anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is this saying, I'm sure you know it. "Nothing comes easily." It is so true and even if it sounds a bit sad or negative, it's just the brutal truth. The thing is though that nothing will come easily, but if you work towards it ... it will come.

      Just be a believer!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a milestone! Congrats on 300 posts! ~\o/~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is! It still seems strange looking at that number!

      Delete
  4. Yay!! Happy 300th post! I think blogging has changed a lot of our lives. Hard to believe, right? But so true!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete