Slide Show

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Girl


There I am, sitting cross-legged on a comfortable wooden chair on the porch looking at the deep, blue waters. The sun is bright but I don’t mind the heat since there is a cool air waving my tunic and actually making me chill.

I stand up. My feet touch the old, wooden floor and as I make my way towards the small table, the floor creaks and smells of warm wood and dust. Reaching near the table I shoot a glance at the PC resting on it- a little black thing, waiting on sleep mode for me to keep writing that book.

I close my eyes and take two deep breaths, smelling the saltiness of the sea. How have I missed this; the sea, the sand and the salty hair, the smell of tanning cream and sun.

Yes, the smell of sun as it shines bright and hot over the street, the sea, and the sand, warming the house and the tress making them hot and everything smells like earth.

I hear the cry of a seagull and I search for him, finding him flying over the waters, but he’s not alone. More of those large birds pray over the waters and dive as they see the careless fishes.

When I sit to write, a chill runs up my spine due to excitement. I’m at peace; I’m finally calm having discarded all the negative thoughts and worries. But above all I’m happy because it’s summer, and the sea is calling my name.

When I wake up from the dream, I’m not totally disappointed. I’m not on a sunny porch in an island somewhere, but in a dark building and even if I can’t smell the sea summer is here which means that I can keep dreaming.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. I could visualize it so well. What a lovely dream to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. I love summer so much!

      Delete