Slide Show

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Snow, Glass, Apples




I have a special love for Neil Gaiman and I bet many people have. His writing, his voice, his imagination can be very addictive. So lately, I find myself picking up many of his short stories.

And there is one that I cannot stop thinking.


If you’ve read this story, I’m sure that you’re smiling right now. It’s a retelling of the Snow White fairy tale only that our narrator is the “evil” step mother. Is she truly evil though? And are we absolutely sure that Snow White told us the true story?

Let’s be open-minded here and Gaiman surely was because this alternative story has many valid points. The pale color of her skin, the heart that the queen was after are some parts of the story that can surprise you if you think out of the box.

I absolutely loved this story.

Enjoy the quotes!

“If I were wise I would not have tried to change what I saw. If I were wise I would have killed myself before even I encounter her.”


“I will not scream. I will not give them the satisfaction. They will have my body, but my soul and my story are my own, and will die with me.” 


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, great quotes! Gaiman's take on Snow White sounds intriguing and intense...

    ReplyDelete